Blending hazardous and potent substances is a major operational concern for chemical and pharmaceutical plants. The toxicity levels of argochemicals, for example, can cause serious operator injury and/or fatality if the substance exposure is incorrectly managed.
The Standard Group has a number of blending product technologies to suit a range of applications and client requirements.
Commonly, blending takes one of two forms;
- mechanical rotary blending, or
- gas blending
The objective is to create a homogeneous blend of two or more powders, two or more fluids and/orr at least one fluid with at least one powder.
At the larger particle size level, the Standard Group provides de lumper technology. At the smaller particle size level the Standard Group provide a range of laboratory rotary blenders and/or jet mill technology.
Our laboratory blending technologies are designed to ergonomically fit into comfortable operator workstations inside closed barrier isolator units working in a positive or negative pressurised environment. Please also see our flexible or rigid barrier isolator range.
- Mechanical or non-mechanical blending technology
- Used in conjunction with a Barrier Isolator for processing hazardous, potent and toxic substances
- Low to zero additional heat generation
- Drive, coupling and electrical motor positioned outside teh Barrier Isolator working chamber
- Modular Construction, allowing various sizes of Standard Group Blenders can be fixed to the same drive unit
- Blender and Blender Stand has a polished Stainless Steel construction
- Homogeneous and consistent blended substances
- Clear visibility during operation and cleaning
- Operator Safe environment
- Elimination of particle contaminationfrom rotary units
- Easier maintenance of the main rotary units
- Available with a spray gun to easily clean the inside and outside of the blender
- Blending of substances that can not tolerate additional heat input
- Blending of hazardous, potent and toxic substances
- Blending of powders, fluids, gases and aeration technologies
- Standard Group modular Blender design deal for varying batch process applications in Research and Development laboratories
The Standard Group of Companies table top blender product range is perfect for use with all types of barrier isolator systems and is an ideal product which compliments the Standard Group positive pressure barrier isolator range and negative pressure barrier isolator range.
Contact our sales team to discuss how teh Standard Group Blender and Barrier Isolator system could be of benefit for your pharmaceutical production or laboratory development process.