The Standard Group of Companies manufacture Jet Milling solutions for Barrier Isolator systems.
The main advantage of a jet mill over other kinds of mills is that you can grind a friable or crystalline material to 1 –10 microns average particle size and classify in a very narrow particle size range at the same time. Furthermore, there are no moving parts to wear out or generate heat in a jet mill and no screens to plug or be punctured. Also, as there is no attritional heat because of the cooling effect of the jets, jet mills have won favour in many pharma plant operations.
A jet mill can be used in multiple applications, over and above particle size reduction. Typically Jet Mills are used to mix multiple powders into a perfect homogeneous blend. Furthermore, one product may also be coated by another and/or liquid additives can be injected under pressure through one or more atomising spray nozzles either directly in to the main grinding air inlet or into the vortex at the mill exit.
Standard Group Jet Milling Design Features
- No moving parts
- Grind friable or crystalline materials to 1-10 microns average particle size
- No screens to plug or be punctured
- No attritional heat
- Low pressure system
Operational Benefits using the Standard Group Jet Milling Solution
- Contamination Elimination; No Moving / wearing parts
- Clear visibility during operation and cleaning
- Operator SAFE environment
- Very narrow particle size range is possible
- Consistent particle size
- Natural cooling effect of jets
- Multi-streaming of material fed into the jet mill for perfect homogeneous blending
- Fewer maintenance/operational issues with Low pressure systems as well as lower cost.
Applications for ourStandard Group Jet Milling Systems
- Substance particle size reduction
- Blending of powders
- Product coating
- Liquid additive mixing
The Standard Group Jet milling systems are also ideal for polishing the sharp edges on particles to make them flow or compress better and powders containing water or solvents can be flash dryed with hot air or super-heated steam.
- Particle polishing for better flow and/or compression characteristics
- Flash drying of products using hot air or super-heated steam