The Standard Group of Companies provide full turnkey Barrier Isolator solutions for Rotary Cone Vacuum Dryer isolator workstations from design and manufacture to assembly, installation and commissioning.
The Standard Group Rotary Cone Vacuum Dryer (RCVD) Isolator is a fully integrated system with accompanying isolator workstations either side of the RCVD chamber designed to suit the customer application and specificiation.
The RCVD is completely jacketed for optimum dryer efficiency. Heat transfer fluid, typically hot water, steam or vapour, is circulated around the conical jacket for even product drying through conduction. The Standard Group can supply the Thermal Control Unit where required (see options below).
As the dryer rotates, given the shape of the vessel, the entire product batch is thoroughly mixed and high speed dried. This blending and inter-folding process maintains uniform temperatures and eliminates any probability of product re-condensation due to cold spots. The Standard Group solution then uses a high vacuum to draw off any remaining moisture while the product is in motion and thereafter the batch is easily discharged and cleaned given the conical shape of the vessel.
RCVD's provide a range of operational benefits as stated below, making them an ideal item of process equipment for batch production of toxic, hazardous or sensitive products in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Chemical sectors.
The RVCD isolator photos show the isolator in final stages of the manufacturing process with the isolator protective film still in place. The protective film helps to protect the polished stainless steel during the manufacture process, preventing scratches and marks.
RCVD Isolator Design Features
- cGMP equipment design and construction
- Robust canteliver construction
- Sealed single piece heating jacket
- All bearings of the dryer are external to the blending vessel
- Non-clogging design. Easy to clean
- Direct Drive mechanism - Standard Group design does not have a conventional belt pulley, chain sprocket , spur gear other mechanical member for torque transmission or speed reduction. Hollow shaft gearbox is used.
- Complete Automation with PLC based operation is possible