The Standard Groups Pressure Nutsche Filters (PNF’s) are designed and manufactured by Group company S2 Engineering Services and available in sizes from 300mm (12 inches) to 2.5m (100 inches) in diameter, in a wide range of material types and grades for pressures up to 300 psi (2068 kPa) or full vacuum.
The Standard PNF comes with an innovative lid that is hydraulically operated by one person with single point, quick and safe securing. The unit can be adapted to handle a wide range of flow rates and solids loading which can be discharged in dry or slurried form. By providing the required connections, the Standard Pressure Nutsche Filter can be designed to wash and dry, with the design allowing for fast and easy cake discharge and facilitates interrupted service flows.
In general, Standards PNF’s are ideal for laboratory, pilot or batch production applications and for easily filtered material such as carbon particles, salts and other products where a cake thickness of 150mm (6 inches) or more can be attained.
Further information is shown below.
PNF Design Features
Standard Group has innovated many operator and operational friendly features in its range of Pressure Nutsche Filters. Some of these are listed below;
- Hydraulically operated lid
- Innovative quick, safe lid locking design
- Manually operated lid (Automatic models available)
- Available in a wide variety of construction materials - Available in 304 Stainless, 316 Stainless, Exotic alloy (Alloy C276) or rubber-lined construction
- Hydraulically operated lid reduces risk of operator injury and eliminates the need for two operators to actuate
- Portable feature means its easy to move around in restricted lab/R&D areas
- Easy recovery of cake in dry or wet form
- Wide range of material availability means that you can select the right design for the application and budget.
- No wasted heel (zero bypass) means no process media scrap costs
- Permits multiple processes to take place within the filter such as steaming, sparging, drying or washing
- Accommodates a wide variety of flow rates and solids loading
PNF Technical Specification
- Size: 300mm (12 inches) to 2.5m (100 inches) in diameter
- Capacity: 50 to 10,000 Litres (larger sizes can be made upon request)
- Operating Pressure: 0-20 barg (0-300 psig) - Vacuum option available on request
- Operating Temperature: Up to 240 Degrees C. (460 Degrees F)
- Supplied in 316 Stainless Steel material. (304 S/S and Alloy C276 are available on request)
PNF Supply Options
- Vacuum operation available
- Full instrumentation pack for control room management
- Automated Lid actuation
- Portable design available with lockable wheels for ease of movement
- Arrangement for inert gas purging into PNF
- Can be supplied with full Barrier Isolator with or without operator half suite technology for safe loading and discharge of hazardous, toxic and potent products (see example of a similar Barrier Isolator to the right)
- All wetted parts of the dryer can be supplied with StanCoat high chemical resistance coating
- Pilot plants for new or modified batch operation and/or processes requiring recovery of the cake
- Laboratory and clean room applications
- Production batch applications where cake thickness of 150mm (6”) and above is achievable
- Porous cakes applications where cakes can build to several inches
- Applications requiring treatment with Nitrogen purges or washes (acids)
- Recovery of valuable solids where the filter cake is the product and filtrate is the waste