The Standard Group of Companies designs, manufacturers, supplies and installs all types of equipment used in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Key pieces of equipment that are now being used more widely are called Pass Boxes.
Today cleanrooms are used in many phamaceutical operations however operators count for over 82% of all contamination. Whilst cleanrooms are effective, additional pass boxes minimise even further any risk of cross contaminiation.
In brief there are 2 types:-
- Static Pass Boxes
- Dynamic Pass Boxes
The URS (user specific requirment) will dictate which type of box to use.
Static pass boxes are more widely used when ventilation is not essential.
Dynamic pass boxes offer more flexibility and are mainly used when intially starting a new cleanroom operation.
Static and Dynamic pass boxes, whilst are similar do have fundamental differences.
Static Pass Boxes
These type of boxes are used to transfer material between 2 clean environments with little or no human intervention.
This box contains an electromagnetic interlock between the 2 doors and from a visual control point of view, an LED light suggests when any door is open.
Dynamic pass boxes
This type of box is used to pass material from a non-controlled environment to a controlled environment.
Two interlocking doors on both sizes protect the controlled environment when any transfer takes place.
Depending on the application, dynamic pass box designs can be single door or double door (as shown to the right).
Typical Applications include: -
- Clean Rooms
- Pharmaceutical plants
- Light-industrial environments
Static pass boxes must never be used to transfer material between clean and non-clean rooms.
- The purpose is to provide barrier between areas and move away contaminants on a load if present or on a surface of the material being transferred to a more clean area.
- Static pass boxes are installed in manufacturing areas which filter the incoming air in order to keep the working area free from dust and other contaminants.
- Static pass boxes only move material from one clean enviroment to another.
- Dynamic Pass Boxes use an interlock guard system. When one door is open the other remains closed to eliminate contamination.
- Dynamic pass boxes move material from an uncontrolled area to a clean area.
For further information click here or contact our Indian or Sheffield offices.