The Standard Group of Companies offer a range of Rotary Cone Vacuum Dryers to bespoke customer requirements.
S2 Engineering Services are part of the Standard Group business and design, manufacture, assemble, install and commission Rotary Cone Vacuum Dryers (RCVD's) to user specific requirements (URS).
The key focus of the equipment design is to deliver a High Precision and Low Temperature Vacuum Drying Mixing Process Technology.
The RCVD facilitates enhanced drying efficiency, low temperature operations and economy of process by total solvent recovery. This supports GMP based working by achieving best practice dust control and gives further advantages of efficient charging and discharging of materials.
An RCVD is also primarlity used for the drying of materials whose chemistry will not allow a standard drying cycle.
These include: -
- Resistance to high temperatures.
- Material which is easily oxidised.
- Volatile materials which should be retrieved safely.
- Solvent recovery.
- Strong irritants.
The S2 RCVD's are completely jacketed for optimum dryer efficiency.
Heat transfer fluid, typically hot water, steam or vapour, is circulated around the conical jacket for even product drying through conduction.
As the dryer rotates, given the shape of the vessel, the entire product batch is thoroughly mixed and high speed dried.
This blending maintains uniform temperatures and eliminates any probability of product re-condensation due to cold spots.
Lasty a high vacuum is used to draw off any remaining moisture while the product is in motion.
The batch is then easily discharged and cleaned given the conical shape of the vessel.
Typical technical information: -
- Design & Construction: AMSE Sec.VIII, Division-I, Latest Edition
- Main Dimensions: Designed to suit specific applications
- Flange Drilling: ANSI - B 16.6, #150
- Capacity: Typically supplied from 300L to 5,000L
- Operating Pressure: 6 Barg (90 psig)
- Operating Temperature: up to 200 Deg.C (0-390 Deg F.)
- Reduces drying time
- Eliminates need for re-drying of lumps
- Dry Temperature Sensitive
- Liquids vaporise at reduced temperature and at reduced pressures, therefore vaporisation of the liquids at very low temperatures is possible.
- Reduced Energy.
- Low Cross Contamination.
- Easily Inspected Interior.
- Single Enclosed Environment
- API’s and dangerous chemicals are easily isolated in a vacuum dryer.
- Avoid Oxidation
- Using an inert gas oxidation can be avoided.
- Easily Cleaned
- The design is ideal for cleaning with a single spray bar.
- Standardised product with Predictable and Repeatable Results.
- This feature is essential with any pharmaceutical application
Rotary cone vacuum dryers with unique mixing capabilities are used in the following:-
- All pharmaceutical materials
- Crystalline products
- Food products
- General heat sensitive products.
- Organic chemicals
For futher infromation click here or contact the Indian or Sheffield offices.