The Standard Group of Companies is an international, leading supplier of process equipment into the pharmaceutical and chemical industry.
Key pieces of equipment in the Standard range include innovative, patent pending Glass Lined Heat Exchangers that are ideal when processing corrosive and chemically aggressive liquids.
These Glass Lined Heat Exchangers are processed by Standard Glass Lining Technology, who are part of the Standard Group. They are designed in the Shell and Tube format for optimum heat transfer efficiency.
A heat exchanger is a device used to transfer thermal energy between two or more fluids, which are at different temperatures. In most cases, the fluids can exchange heat without direct contact. Shell and Tube heat exchangers work by passing the fluid/gas through a series of tubes that are encompassed in a large metal shell.
Shell and tube heat exchangers are typically used for high pressure applications. These pressures are also used in processes which require a vacuum condition to carry out the heat transfer process.
These heat exchangers are the most effective type of heat control device, which can be very beneficial when using toxic gases and chemicals.
Typical part of the technical specification
- Heat Transfer Area: from 0.1m2
- Materials: 316L Stainless Steel Tube, 304L Stainless Steel Shell
- Gasket: PTFE, EPDM, FEP
- Surface Finish: 0.3 - 0.8 micrometers MP
Heat exchangers are generally made from stainless steel for the shell and the tube with a polished surface finish.
Standard Group now offer a glass lined heat exchanger for additional benefit to the process and the equipment.
Applications of Glass Lined Heat Exchangers
- General plant water systems
- Water for injection (WIP) applications
- Purified water systems
- Purified plus water systems
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) applications
- General product heating and cooling duties
Benefits of Glass Lined Heat Exchangers
- Improved corrosion resistance
- No possible leak between the shell and the coil, making the design ideal for GMP applications.
- Greater flexibility
- Reduced contamination
- Easier to clean
- More cost effective
Added Benefits of Glass Lined Heat Exchangers
- Highly efficient heat removal through fluid conduction.
- Ideal when a secondary (shell) fluid source is available.
For further information click here or contact the Standard Group Indian or UK office directly.