The Standard Group of Companies is a leading supplier of equipment in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry.
A key and popular part of the portfolio include storage and dispensing bins which are manufactured by the Schematic Engineering Industries division.
Poor or incorrect chemical and paint storage practices can lead to inadvertent reactions between incompatible materials with the potential to cause harm, fire or even explosions.
All chemicals should be stored in such a manner as to prevent incompatible materials from being accidentally mixed together in the event of the damage to the containers in a storage area.
The prevention of the formation and build-up of reactive vapours is also a concern, hence why correct storage is maintained at all times.
The overall purpose of correct storage is to maintain control over the chemicals so that they can be both stored and retrieved safely.
In essence the most important reasons for correct storage are: -
- Effective management of chemicals
- Lessen the risk of fire
- Prevent accidental mixing in emergencies
- Minimise exposure to corrosive and toxic chemicals
- Comply with relevant statutory security obligations
Types of chemicals that require correct storage; -
- Flammable Solvents - e.g. alcohols, toluene, hexane
- Chlorinated solvents - e.g. chloroform, trichlorethylene
- Acids and alkalis
- Oxidisers - e.g. peroxides, perchlorates and nitrates
- Dangerous drugs and medicines
Schematic Engineering Industries manufacture both portable and large-scale storage / dispensing bins, typically ranging from the following sizes: -
- Up to 100 litres - Small
- Up to 1,000 litres - Medium
- Up to 1,500 litres - Large
Materials for manufacture are predominantly 304L to 316L stainless steel but can be built to customer specific requirements.
Welding, buffing and polishing are also part of the manufacturing process with cGMP regulations being adhered to at all times.
- Clear visibility of contents during operation and cleaning
- Operator safety - fully interlocked lid (where required)
- Ease of Cleaning - polished/buffed surfaces to cGMP standards
- Opening of the Bin Lid can be alarmed, where required, in case of unauthorised breach
For more information click here or contact the UK and Indian offices direct.