The Standard Group of Companies is a leading provider of equipment in the pharmaceutical industry.
The Schematic Engineering Industries division specialise in many containment systems including barrier isolators, glove boxes, pass boxes and laminar flow cabinets.
With these critical pieces of equipment, where sterility and aseptic conditions are essential, VHP (Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide) can be used to maintain optimum conditions.
Basically vaporized hydrogen peroxide is a vapour form of Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2).
VHP is additionally regarded as a sterilant, which is also defined as a substance that destroys all forms of microbial life in the inanimate environment, and includes all forms of bacterial spores, fungi, fungal spores plus viruses.
Process features of VHP:-
- The output of VHP is between 1 to12 grams/min by a dedicated cartridge.
- The device is provided with a moisture removal system which is regenerated separately from the use itself.
- The unit is provided with a pressure control system to allow the sterilisation of small enclosures (gloves, valves, etc.) and flexible walls of isolators.
- It is typically used with applications at low-temperature.
As an antimicrobial vapour it is also used to decontaminate enclosed and sealed areas such as: -
- Laboratory workstations
- Isolation / pass-through rooms
Due to the increased use of barrier isolator systems in the pharmaceutical industry, the use of vaporized hydrogen peroxide for sterilising equipment is also increasing rapidly.
All Standard Group barrier isolators will support the use of VHP and support low temperature sterilisation systems, which will then sterilise reusable and non metal devices in health care facilities.
Standard Group provide both -ve and +ve pressured barrier isolators, hence giving the best, most flexible and cleanest results.
Bespoke glove boxes and pass boxes are also available on request.
For more information click here or contact our UK or Indian offices directly.