The Standard Group of Companies is a leading supplier of equipment in the pharmaceutical and chemical industry.
S2 Engineering Services, part of the Standard Group, design, manufacture, assemble, install and commission distillation column's as part of a turnkey process equipment solution supply.
Distillation is one of the most popular separation techniques of separating chemical substances.
Both batch and continuous distillation columns are provided and can be summarised by the following:-
The column feed is introduced batch-wise and this supports the operation when the column is charged with a 'batch', then the distillation process starts and when one batch is completed, the distillation of the next feed starts.
A continuous column process involves a continuous feed stream with zero interruptions occurring unless of a breakdown.
A continuous column is the most common type of distillation column and can manage a higher throughput.
The general process can be described as a column that works by catching liquid vapour as it rises, which in turn the vapour will then cool and inevitably turn into a liquid.
The liquid is usually collected at the highest point of the column which is more commonly known as the “distillate”
This separation process will depend on differences in the volatilities of the products in a boiling liquid mixture.
This process comprises of a mixture of liquid or vapour, with two or more substances separated into its desired purity component fractions by the application and the removal of heat.
It is usually a part of a larger chemical process, hence also referred to as a unit operation.
Key technical specifications:-
- Usually the sizes follow the industry standard vessel length/diameter ratios of between 1/3-15 range
- Flange Drilling: ANSI - B 16.6, #150
- Capacity: Typically supplied from 63L to 16,000L
- Operating Pressure: 0-6 Barg (0-90 psig)
- Operating Temperature: Ambient (Jacketed versions can be supplied 0-200 Deg.C (0-390 Deg F.))
- Gas Plants
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food processing
- Brewery and Beverage
- Easy to implement
- Highly efficient
- High productivity rates
- Robust and safe construction
- Sealed single piece optional heating jacket
- Non-clogging design therefore easy to clean
- Vertical design in batch or continuous column format
For more information click here or contact our UK or Indian offices.