The Standard Group of Companies is a leading supplier of equipment in the pharmaceutical and chemical industry.
Part of the current portfolio is a V Blender which is manufactured by the S2 Engineering Services division, part of the Standard Group of Companies.
These blenders are designed, manufactured, installed and commissioned to standard and bespoke customer requirements.
Additionally they are called a V-Type and are also known as V-Shell, Vee Cone or Y Cone blenders.
The primary mechanism of blending in a V-Blender is diffusion.
The raw material that is placed in the blender is secured to the v-shell inlet orifice, and then both drum and V-shell are inverted by the blender through 180 degrees.
This will then allow the powder to be introduced to the V-Shell under gravity.
Diffusion blending happens when particles are distributed over a freshly developed interface, which will lead to a homogenous product.
The blenders are ideally placed for low shear tumble blending of powders and granules.
The V-Blender is essentially made of two hollow cylindrical shells joined at an angle of 75° to 90°.
The blender shell is located on pivots to allow it to rotate, and as the V-blender tumbles the material continuously splits and recombines, with the mixing occurring as the material falls randomly inside the vessel.
The repetitive converging motion of material, friction and straight sides results in a best practice and homogenous blend which has been supported by a diffusion process.
V Blender Key Technical Information:-
- Capacity: Typically supplied from 100L to 6,000L
- Operating Pressure: 0- 6 Barg (0 - 90 psig)
- Operating Temperature: Ambient (Drying systems can be supplied)
- Type: Single or Double plinth designs
V Blenders Applications
- Dyes/dye intermediates
- Inorganic chemicals
- Temperature sensitive materials
- Organic chemicals
- Minimum attrition of the product media
- Conical vessel shape is ideal for discharging and cleaning operations
- As there are no scrapers, ploughs, scoops or vanes, material will not clog and prevent uniform blending
- Charging and discharging of material is easy and safe to do
- The shape of blender body results in a near complete discharge of product material
- The eliminations of shaft projection reduce product contamination
- V-blenders are easy to clean
For more information click here or contact the UK or Indian offices.