The Standard Group of Companies is a leading supplier of equipment into many vibrant and buoyant industries.
Many of these industries use acronyms, and the simple primary reason abbreviations are used is convenience.
Other reasons acronyms are used is to make reading easier, and to avoid unnecessary errors, especially when pharmaceuticals are being manufactured.
2 key acronyms that are used, and relate to equipment produced by the Standard Group is CIP and SIP.
CIP (Clean in Place)
Industrial sectors benefit immensely from using CIP processes.
This is because a cleaning method that has been created, enables the internal surfaces of sealed systems to be cleaned, and without the need for disassembly.
Process efficiency depends on the effective cleaning of all equipment on an agreed schedule during manufacturing.
Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems can be incorporated into all the equipment used by the pharmaceutical industry, including both solid and liquid dosage formulation systems.
For the most part, the CIP process is an entirely automatic one that complies with defined process times and parameters.
The cleaning operation is performed in a series of defined steps that have usually been agreed in the design stage of the project and is totally dependent on the application.
Industries that rely greatly on CIP are those requiring high levels of hygiene.
These industries include: -
- Food & Beverage
- Food and Drink
The Standard Group of Companies offer many types of equipment into these industries, on small and large scale and include the design, manufacture, installation, and commissioning.
Standard design and customer specific requirements are provided to the highest quality anf fully comply with cGMP regulations and procedures.
SIP (Steam in Place)
Steam-in-place (SIP) sterilization is an essential process, primarily in the biotechnology industry.
The SIP process is an extension of the CIP process by additional sterilisation, without any necessity for disassembling the plant and the measuring equipment.
The sterilisation of hygiene-critical processes takes place at the end of the actual CIP process.
The main advantages of using CIP / SIP systems include: -
- Reduced cleaning cycle times
- Optimized use of detergent and water
- Eliminates manual cleaning
The Standard Group of Companies manufacture flexible and rigid barrier isolators, with both positive and negative pressure.
These barrier isolators not only prevent contamination and protect the operators, but they also ensure CIP and SIP procedures are in place throughout the whole process.
OEL levels of 1 to 5 can be accommodated and cGAMP alarms and safety measures are added in case of any breach.
Standard or customer specific barrier isolators can be accommodated with many additional features which include:-
- 316 Stainless Steel
- Flat type safe changeable HEPA filters
- cGAMP - PLC/HMI controlled
- Design that allows washing in each corner of the chamber
- Integrated weighing Scale and continuous liner port
- CG screen to ensure Laminar airflow
- Oxygen monitoring / Nitrogen inertization
- Integration with RTP for safe and rapid transfer
- Multiple or Single Chambers
- Separate air handling unit for main chamber and pass box
- Isolator raise/lower systems for operator comfort
- Disinfection or decontamination by VHP ( Vapourised Hydrogen Peroxide) cycle.
- Record and retrieve the isolator operation data.
- Excellent lux operator lighting conditions.
Please click here for more details or contact our UK and Indian offices directly.